TARDIS Thoughts: Episode viewing method change

10.23.2012

Episode viewing method change

So my parents were getting kinda annoyed again the other day that my 50+ episodes of Doctor Who (the new Series 7 eps plus all the old ones) were hogging the DVR. Our DVR is shared among all the TVs in the house, so if I fill it up with my stuff, their stuff won't record.

So I set out to find an alternative that would still allow me to watch the old episodes and analyze them for this blog but also allow me to free up space on the DVR.

And I found one: Netflix. I have a Netflix streaming subscription via my Wii, so I checked via my Netflix for iPod/iPhone app to see if Doctor Who was on there. And sure enough, the whole revived series (except series 7, naturally) was on there, as were quite a few entries for pre-revival stuff from the 1970's and '80's. I added it all to my Instant Queue and was able to delete all the old episodes off the DVR, much to the joy of my parents.

What this means for TARDIS Thoughts is now I can watch the episodes in any order I please. I can continue on to Series 3 (my original plan) or backtrack and watch Series 1 and the rest of Series 2 now rather than later. I'm not sure which I'm going to do. To be honest, I don't know why I didn't try finding the old eps on Netflix in the first place. It's a much better setup, especially since something is weird with our DVR where if my parents are watching something recorded on one TV, I get locked out of watching anything recorded on my TV, and vice versa.

One thing I probably will do now though is watch the Series 7 eps just to get them off the DVR, and write the analysis posts for them, but leave them in draft until I get through analyzing the rest of the series and then post them, editing them then if I deem it necessary. I will put a note with them saying they were written before I saw the rest of the series besides the end of series 2, so as not to confuse people.

So that's all I have to say about that.

In other news, TARDIS Thoughts is now listed on the blog directory Technorati! Give it some love over there, k?

Posted via Blogger for iPod/iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to Tardis Thoughts!

Thanks for visiting TARDIS Thoughts! If you like what you've read, you can subscribe to the blog via an RSS reader or e-mail, using the links below, to keep following it. You can also add the blog to your Technorati favorites using the button at the bottom of this section, and help spread the word about the blog!

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe by Email

Add to Technorati Favorites

Next Doctor Who Episode

Doctor Who Series 8

Premiering Autumn 2014

Doctor Who Official on Tumblr