TARDIS Thoughts: TARDIS Thoughts Goes Carbon-Neutral!

1.07.2013

TARDIS Thoughts Goes Carbon-Neutral!

You may have noticed the nice new button in my sidebar. It is from Kaufda, an organization that this dedicated to reducing carbon emissions in the world, and their "My blog is carbon neutral" initiative. For each person that joins the initiative, they will plant a tree, an effort that neutralizes the carbon footprint of your blog for 50 years!

How can a blog have a carbon footprint, you say? Well, according to their site, the energy output put out by computers is tied to the people who visit your blog. Which means if you blog gets, say, 15,000 visitors a month (what blogs get that, I wonder? I wish I got that many visitors here in a month!) you will ultimately emit 8 pounds of carbon in one year. That doesn't sound like a lot, but apparently it is.

So I, on TARDIS Thoughts's behalf, am going to support this initiative. Because I love trees. And I do care about the environment, though I don't practice it enough (I don't recycle as often as I should, for example, even though I went to a university that, by the time I graduated, had won a national recycling award 8 years in a row). And although I don't think it's been stated in the show (at least in what I've seen of it) what the Doctor thinks about the environment, I think the Doctor would approve of such an initiative as well. After all, he has made it plain multiple times that this planet and its people are important to him and that he'll protect them to his last breath! Not to mention he was already forced to essentially destroy his own home planet, Gallifrey, in the Time War.

Find out how you can get involved here: http://www.kaufda.de/umwelt/carbon-neutral/how-you-can-join/

***

On an un-related note, I am considering doing NaBloPoMo next month with this blog. NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month and is structured similarly to NaNoWriMo. Basically, you post every day on your blog for a whole month. Since I wanted to try to catch up on Doctor Who anyway before Series 7 comes back in April, hopefully doing this will give me a chance to do that. You can find out some more about NaBloPoMo here: http://www.blogher.com/blogher-topics/blogging-social-media/nablopomo

Have a super Whovian day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to Tardis Thoughts!

Thanks for visiting TARDIS Thoughts! If you like what you've read, you can subscribe to the blog via an RSS reader or e-mail, using the links below, to keep following it. You can also add the blog to your Technorati favorites using the button at the bottom of this section, and help spread the word about the blog!

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe by Email

Add to Technorati Favorites

Next Doctor Who Episode

Doctor Who Series 8

Premiering Autumn 2014

Doctor Who Official on Tumblr