TARDIS Thoughts: Updates: Classic Who, Series 7 Return, NaBloPoMo Plans

1.27.2013

Updates: Classic Who, Series 7 Return, NaBloPoMo Plans

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, you guys! Time has kinda been scarce for me lately.

So, anyway, some updates.

First off, about Classic Who. A number of Classic Who episodes are now available on Netflix. However, not all the episodes are available, and they start with The Aztecs, nearly halfway through Season 1, and only go through Season 9. I also recently discovered that there is quite a lot of Classic Who on Amazon Instant Video, Amazon's video-on-demand service, a Wii Channel version of which was recently released in the U.S. Amazon's service contains episodes from Seasons 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, and 26, which means it covers every Doctor in the Classic Era except the Eighth, including all of the Fourth Doctor's run (Seasons 12-18). These episodes are all free if you have Amazon Prime; otherwise you must pay $1.99/episode to "rent" the episodes.

In addition to being available via Netflix and Amazon Instant Video, a number of Classic Who episodes have apparently been released on DVD in the past or will be released this year as part of the 50th Anniversary. You can find out more about this on the "Watch The Episodes Yourself" page on this blog, which I added recently and which tells you in great detail how to watch Doctor Who for yourself.

In other news, I updated the "Next Doctor Who Episode" part of the footer to reflect the most recent news about Series 7. Originally expected to return in April, it is now confirmed that the series will return on March 30th (Easter weekend). We also know that the next episode will be called "Phantom of the Hex."

Lastly, I am for sure going to do NaBloPoMo with this blog during the month of February. Therefore, I will be making an effort to post every single day during that month. Toward that end, I am going to be doing analyses of Series 1 and 2, including "Second Look" analyses of the Series 2 episodes I already analyzed. Since there are 28 days in February, and 14 episodes apiece in Series 1 and 2 (if you count the Christmas Specials), this should work out nicely.

I am going to make an effort to finish the other pages in the top bar this week, as I would like to start seriously promoting the blog, and I don't feel like I can do that with those pages unfinished.

I have also made a decision regarding the social media thing I was considering before. I'm gonna go for it. It shouldn't be hard to link to them from here, anyway. The template I use for this blog (the GlowingStyle Blogger Template from DeluxeTemplates) does allow for a bar in the top corner with social media icons; I just hid it when I initially set up this blog because I didn't need it. At the same time, I don't want to set them up willy-nilly like I have done with social media accounts in the past, so I am going to take the time to do them right. Look for them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to Tardis Thoughts!

Thanks for visiting TARDIS Thoughts! If you like what you've read, you can subscribe to the blog via an RSS reader or e-mail, using the links below, to keep following it. You can also add the blog to your Technorati favorites using the button at the bottom of this section, and help spread the word about the blog!

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe by Email

Add to Technorati Favorites

Next Doctor Who Episode

Doctor Who Series 8

Premiering Autumn 2014

Doctor Who Official on Tumblr