TARDIS Thoughts: Classic Who: Update, plus Series 7 Part 2 Release Date

12.28.2012

Classic Who: Update, plus Series 7 Part 2 Release Date

So about the "Classic Who" thing I posted about before. I finally got around to actually reading the Doctor Who blogs I subscribed to (I followed all the blogs listed in the "Doctor Who Blogverse" blogroll in the sidebar - I highly recommend the official Tumblr in particular) and learned that some of the classic eps will be re-aired on TV next year as part of the 50th anniversary celebration. Unfortunately, that probably means UK TV, and I'm a Yank. But hopefully I can still watch them somehow; either that or hopefully BBC America will hook us Yanks up with something.

Another thing I learned from the blogverse is that Series 7 Part 2 does indeed have an announced date: April 2013. I saw this on a couple blogs - including the one on the official BBC website. No more specifics than that have been given as of yet.

Oh and according to The Fourth Dimension (the special behind-the-scenes info section BBC One does for each Doctor Who episode on their Who website), the exterior scenes of the asylum planet in "Asylum of the Daleks" were actually shot in the deserts of Spain while the crew was on location in Spain shooting "A Town Called Mercy." I thought that snow looked weird!

Well just wanted to post that! Will get back to the episode analyses soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to Tardis Thoughts!

Thanks for visiting TARDIS Thoughts! If you like what you've read, you can subscribe to the blog via an RSS reader or e-mail, using the links below, to keep following it. You can also add the blog to your Technorati favorites using the button at the bottom of this section, and help spread the word about the blog!

 Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe by Email

Add to Technorati Favorites

Next Doctor Who Episode

Doctor Who Series 8

Premiering Autumn 2014

Doctor Who Official on Tumblr